West Ham boss David Moyes has been linked with moves for four different forwards and Declan Rice speculation is reignited.
The January transfer window is open and that will abundantly clear for anyone looking at West Ham news right now.
In the lead up to the window opening, West Ham were said to be eyeing moves for a defender and a striker.
Well the rumour mill is grinding back into gear and today alone West Ham have been linked with four forward players while speculation over Rice’s future has also been reignited.
West Ham transfer round up: David Moyes linked with moves for four different forwards and Declan Rice speculation reignited
The Sunday Mirror (02/01, p64) claims West Ham are reviving interest in Borussia Monchengladbach’s Swiss striker Breel Embolo.
Embolo was linked with a move to West Ham in the summer after impressing for Switzerland at Euro 2020 (90Min).
Gladbach have struggled in the Bundesliga this season and are said to be willing to sell in order to fund new recruits.
Anwar El Ghazi
According to Football Insider, a West Ham source claims Moyes wants Aston Villa bit-part player Anwar El Ghazi.
But Football Transfer Tavern claims Moyes and West Ham’s head of recruitment Rob Newman have discussed the Villa man and the Hammers boss believes he can ‘spearhead’ the east London club’s attack.
With 18 goals in 24 international appearances and 12 Ligue 1 goals in 19 games for Lille so far this season, David has seriously caught the eye.
So much so that West Ham’s rivals Arsenal and Newcastle have also been linked, as have La Liga giants Real Madrid.
But speaking to GiveMeSport to provide an update on David, journalist Pete O’Rourke cast doubts over a January move to West Ham.
“I think there’s going to be a big demand for Jonathan David, probably in the summer,” O’Rourke said.
“I can’t see any move happening in this January transfer window. “His agent has come out and said that he doesn’t expect him to leave Lille in 2022 and a lot of big clubs will be looking at Jonathan David.”
West Ham insiders Claret and Hugh claim one of their top sources has told them Moyes remains ‘very keen indeed’ to bring Jesse Lingard back to the club.
Claret and Hugh claim their source said: “He loves Jesse and is working hard to get him back into the club.”
It’s now or never for Lingard and West Ham. The whole ordeal has become a saga and come January 31st we will all be put out of our misery one way or another.
Another transfer window can mean only one thing, more Declan Rice rumours.
This time The Sun claim Manchester United boss Ralf Rangnick – who will move upstairs for at least two years after completing his spell as interim boss – has given the go-ahead to launch a £100m move for West Ham talisman Rice.
Unfortunately for Rangnick and the Red Devils, that was Rice’s price in the summer. He’d be lucky to get him for £150m now.
Of all the rumours today, this one is the most far fetched.