A new claim being made about West Ham’s move for Mohammed Kudus has been denied and it could prove critical.
It was last Friday lunchtime when Hammers News exclusively revealed that West Ham’s move for Mohammed Kudus was ‘faltering’ according to our most senior source inside the club.
A very senior figure inside West Ham told us the potential deal for Kudus was ‘faltering’ because Ajax refuse to budge on their £46m valuation while the Hammers were refusing to go any higher than £41m.
We reported yesterday that there was nothing new in Kudus claims being made by reporters over the weekend that the deal could be off and that the situation remained unchanged with West Ham still very much in negotiations.
New claim being made about West Ham’s move for Mohammed Kudus has been denied and it could prove critical
That has been proven today as reports emerge that the Hammers have now had a second offer has been rejected as Ajax continue to play hardball.
It has been widely reported elsewhere that personal terms have already been agreed with Kudus and his representatives in anticipation of a deal being struck between West Ham and Ajax. Much like the Hammers did with the Dutch club having agreed terms with Edson Alvarez.
That has caused unrest among some West Ham fans who want the club to meet Ajax’s asking price in the belief the player’s side is already taken care of.
But a new claim being made about West Ham’s move for Kudus has been denied and it could prove critical.
Misinformation over personal terms means West Ham still have it all to do over Kudus but negotiations continue despite rejected bid
According to 90min, personal terms have not been agreed between West Ham and the 23-year-old or his entourage, contrary to recent reports.
“90min further understands that West Ham are yet to agree personal terms with Kudus, leaving the door open for other interested parties to swoop in with an offer before the transfer window slams shut on September 1,” the report states.
That could prove critical in this deal, even fatal. Had personal terms been agreed as had been reported, then settling on a price and payment terms with Ajax and the medical were the only obstacles remaining for West Ham.
Instead all it would take is for another club, perhaps one playing Champions League football, to come in, match West Ham’s bid with Ajax and then offer the player better terms.
There is some good news from 90min’s update, though. Because it reiterates what Hammers News told you yesterday; that West Ham are determined to sign the player and remain in talks over a deal at the time of writing.