West Ham United v Burnley - Premier League

Featured

Exclusive new Fabrizio Romano claim about Declan Rice contradicts reliable West Ham insider

An exclusive new Fabrizio Romano claim about Declan Rice directly contradicts information provided by a reliable West Ham insider.

West Ham insiders Claret and Hugh, who have strong links inside the club, ran an exclusive this week claiming Rice and the Hammers had reached an agreement which will see the coveted midfielder stay for at least another year.

“A top club insider has told ClaretandHugh that, despite there being links with other clubs, Declan is focused on life at West Ham for the next 12 months minimum,” Claret and Hugh reported on Tuesday.

Photo by Eamonn M. McCormack/Getty Images for London Football Awards

The news was understandably gratefully received by Hammers fans who are desperate to see West Ham build the club around Rice.

The generational talent’s performances for West Ham and England have made him one of the most sought after midfielders in Europe.

Incessant speculation has linked Rice with some of Europe’s biggest clubs including Manchester City, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Liverpool and Chelsea.

World superstar wrestling legend Triple H sent a spine-tingling direct video message to Rice over his West Ham United future this week.

Photo by Marcio Machado/Eurasia Sport Images/Getty Images

In a recent interview with Gary Neville for The OverlapRice made it clear he wants to be competing for and to win all the top trophies.

And the midfielder appeared to draw a line in the sand over his future in another recent interview with The Evening Standard where he described his desire to win titles and play in the Champions League as ‘urgent’.

So Rice privately committing to West Ham until at least 2023 appeared to be wonderful news.

Photo By Stephen McCarthy/Sportsfile for Web Summit via Getty Images

But now an exclusive new Fabrizio Romano claim about Rice contradicts the reliable West Ham insider’s information.

Speaking on Twitter, well known transfer reporter Romano claims Rice has rejected a third contract offer from West Ham and is ‘open to a move this summer’.

“Exclusive: Declan Rice has turned down third contract offer at West Ham,” Romano claims on Twitter.

“There’s still no agreement – Rice has always been committed, but he’s now open to a move this summer.

“West Ham insist he’s untouchable as David Moyes said – but Declan Rice won’t sign a new deal.”

It remains to be seen how accurate Romano’s claims are. But he does have a strong track record.

However in terms of exclusive West Ham news, so too do fellow Hammers site Claret and Hugh.

On the face of it Romano’s update is alarming and is certainly making headlines this evening.

Photo by Ryan Pierse/Getty Images

In reality, though – even if Rice has turned down another deal – has anything much actually changed?

We all know the boy would run through brick walls for West Ham on the pitch and will never throw the toys out of his pram to agitate for a move.

And Romano has reaffirmed that fact by stating ‘Rice remains committed’ just as Claret and Hugh had claimed.

The worrying aspect is the claim that Rice is open to a move this summer so soon after it had been reported the opposite was true.

The fact still remains, though, that if a club wants to sign Rice they must stump up the cash to meet his valuation to even start a conversation.

MORE WEST HAM NEWS

Thomas Tuchel comment will have Michail Antonio licking his lips.

What happened with Arsenal this week has dealt triple blow to West Ham.

Opinion: Now only one way Moyes can keep Areola after new development.

LOGIN to Comment
LOGIN to Comment