Report makes claim over EFL stance on West Ham v Spurs Carabao Cup quarter-final clash after insider’s claim.
West Ham are due to play bitter rivals Tottenham in the quarter-finals on Wednesday night.
Last week David Moyes said his West Ham squad had – as yet – been unaffected by covid cases.
And given Spurs played out a 2-2 draw with Liverpool on Sunday, the West Ham cup clash seemed set to go ahead.
Positive Covid tests have seen the football schedule in the Premier League and beyond obliterated this week.
And insiders Claret and Hugh claimed earlier today that West Ham’s covid situation has changed with positive cases in the camp casting doubts on the trip to the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
“There are unconfirmed rumours of some players and support staff having covid meaning a below strength team could well be played should the game in fact go ahead at all,” Claret and Hugh state.
Report makes claim over EFL stance on West Ham v Spurs Carabao Cup clash after insider claim
Now a new report from Sky Sports has lifted the lid on the EFL’s stance over the Carabao Cup quarter-final matches including Tottenham vs West Ham.
“The EFL, which has also been hit by a raft of postponements, says it is maintaining constant open dialogue with all clubs over the situation,” Sky Sports report.
“The league is also planning for all four Carabao Cup quarter-final ties to go ahead this week.”
Tottenham have already had four games called off so far, one due to snow and the other three because of Covid.
And it showed as Antonio Conte’s side looked – as many feared they might – completely rejuvenated against Liverpool following their extended break.
With three less games in their legs than the Hammers, Tottenham will undoubtedly be eager to get the game on.
But if West Ham are shorn of some of their best players then it would not be particularly fair.
More on this as it happens.