It is five days until the madness starts as West Ham boss David Moyes makes January transfer window claim.
There has been claim and counter claim about West Ham’s transfer plans in the winter window.
The Hammers have been linked with a plethora of players. But some reports have claimed the east Londoners may not do any business or will look to the loan market.
Moyes delivered a clear transfer update yesterday.
In the past Moyes has held his cards close to his chest over transfers.
West Ham have been linked with a host of defenders and strikers.
And Moyes insisted – despite claims to the contrary elsewhere – that the return to fitness of Kurt Zouma does not change the fact he wants to bring a defender in given Angelo Ogbonna’s season-long absence.
With Czech billionaire Daniel Kretinsky now on board as the club’s second biggest stakeholder, fans are understandably expectant regarding transfers this month.
It may have been quiet thus far. But Moyes has suggested there are five days until the madness starts in a new January transfer window claim.
Five days until the madness starts as West Ham boss David Moyes makes January transfer window claim
Speaking ahead of the clash with Norwich, the West Ham boss said this window feels more difficult than previously.
But the Scot can see all that changing when there are two weeks left. That will focus all eyes on next Monday onwards as the countdown begins.
“It feels more difficult (this window),” Moyes said, as reported by BBC Sport journalist Simon Stone.
“I don’t hear so many clubs talking about selling their players as there was last winter.
“Up to now, you would probably say there’s not been great deal of activity.
“(But I) can see it changing in last week or two of window.”
Previously under David Sullivan and David Gold, West Ham have looked to take loans with obligations or options to buy.
That transfer approach was completely understandable given the uncertain and depressed financial situation created by the pandemic.