When speaking exclusively to TV2, Josh King has spoken about his frustrations at still being a Bournemouth player, with a move to West Ham reportedly breaking down.
The Daily Mail reported that Hammers boss David Moyes was keen to bring the 28-year-old to the London Stadium for around £16 million.
But it now appears that the 51-capped Norway international will not be heading to West Ham anytime soon.
West Ham move off?
Hammers insider Sean Whetstone tweeted via his West Ham Football account that King will not be coming to east London:
No, Aston Villa and Everton in hunt for King’s services but also an European Champions League team who may sign a pre-contract for January window. He is not coming to West Ham
— West Ham Football (@westhamfootball) October 15, 2020
And the Bournemouth striker opened up on his disappointment at failing to secure a move away from the south coast club, when speaking exclusively to TV2:
“It hasn’t been the easiest months for me mentally. A lot of people judge what they see, but don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. You’re going to find out one day, I guarantee that. It’s been tough, but I don’t want anyone to feel sorry for me. Honestly, I don’t know what’s going to happen. I could have written a book about what’s happened the last two months. If I’m to be honest, it’s been the two worst months of my life. If it had been up to me, I would have already signed for a club, played four games and been in top form. I think the club would rather me be here, but as I said, we had an agreement between us after what happened in January.”
King would have been a very useful addition for us.
But with the signing of Said Benrahma all but done (Sky Sports), we can’t grumble too much at missing out on the Cherries forward.
Perhaps the 28-year-old Bournemouth ace will get his move away from the Vitality Stadium one day.
But appears as though West Ham will not be his next destination. Let’s just hope that we have enough firepower to enjoy a successful campaign this season without him.