Recent reports in the Italian media claim that West Ham are set to miss out on Edin Dzeko. According to Calciomercato, Dzeko is set to snub an offer from West Ham because he wants to move to Inter Milan instead.

But reliable West Ham insider EXWHUEmployee has rebuffed these reports.

West Ham linked with Edin Dzeko

(Photo by Giuseppe Maffia/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

West Ham have been heavily linked with Roma striker Dzeko, especially by the Italian media. The 33-year-old previously worked with Manuel Pellegrini, who is reportedly keen to reunite this summer.

Roma want €25m (around £21.5m) for the veteran striker. But Inter Milan are in pole position and currently have a €15m (just less than £13m) offer on the table.

Dzeko is seen as Mauro Icardi’s replacement at the San Siro. And Dzeko is said to prefer Inter Milan’s project to a return to the Premier League.

 

According to this report by Calciomercato, Dzeko has turned down the chance to join West Ham so that he can force his move to Inter.

EXWHUEmployee rebuffs Edin Dzeko rumours

(Photo by Giuseppe Cottini/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

EXWHUEmployee has told The West Ham Way podcast on Phoenix FM (posted on the Wednesday 24th April) that these rumours are untrue.

While Calciomercato claim that Dzeko has turned down West Ham’s offer, EXWHUEmployee has instead revealed that there was no offer to knock back.

West Ham have not (yet) made a bid for the Bosnian striker. And therefore, Dzeko has not actually turned down a move to East London.