Reliable insider ExWHUemployee claims West Ham United have finalised the permanent transfer of star Tomas Soucek.
The Czech Republic midfielder has been a revelation since joining West Ham in January.
Many fans credit the 25-year-old for turning West Ham’s season around.
West Ham’s running man
Soucek arrived on loan from Slavia Prague with an obligation to buy should West Ham remain in the Premier League.
The 3-1 victory over Watford last time out – a game in which Soucek scored – unofficially secured safety.
Survival could officially be confirmed on Tuesday night if Aston Villa fail to beat in-form Arsenal.
Soucek has been a huge hit with West Ham fans and it is easy to see why.
Besides his goal threat, the big Czech has covered more ground than any other Premier League regular since the restart (Sky Sports).
And against Manchester City earlier this season Soucek covered 13.1km – more than any other West Ham player for six years.
West Ham fans are desperate to see the club sign Soucek on a permanent basis.
Some were concerned his performances may attract attention from elsewhere.
Insider claims Soucek deal has been finalised
But Hammers fans look set to get their wish according to ExWHUemployee.
The anonymous Twitter and podcast personality claims West Ham have finalised the £13.5million transfer with Slavia Prague.
And it will be announced imminently, possibly if West Ham’s survival is made official following Arsenal’s game against Villa. But if not then certainly after West Ham take on Villa in the last game of the season on Sunday.
“The club finalised the permanent deal for Soucek today (Monday) as part of the conditions of his loan deal and this will be announced upon the official confirmation of our Premier League survival (likely to be after the Villa game),” ExWHUemployee said on Twitter.
“It could be announced following the outcome of the Villa v Arsenal game… either way it’s a done deal.”
It could be announced following the outcome of the Villa v Arsenal game… either way it’s a done deal https://t.co/bEnx2x03tf
— ExWHUemployee (@ExWHUemployee) July 20, 2020
Soucek will become David Moyes’s first signing of the transfer window.
Moyes ready to implement Red Bull West Ham blueprint
The Scot is looking to reshape West Ham following the Red Bull model of signing young, talented, athletic players with potential – with a focus on the second tier – who are hungry to prove themselves on the big stage (Daily Mail, whufc.com and beIN Sports).
West Ham are expected to scour the Championship for potential signings with the likes of QPR playmaker Eze Eberechi, Brentford attacking duo Ollie Watkins and Said Benrahma and Wigan defensive pair Antonee Robinson and Cedric Kipre all said to be targets.
A number of players will also be sold by Moyes as West Ham look to refresh their squad.
Manuel Lanzini, Felipe Anderson, Ryan Fredericks, Arthur Masuaku, Albian Ajeti, Fabian Balbuena and Andriy Yarmolenko are all available according to reports.
Once the transfer window opens after the conclusion of the season West Ham have until October 5th to make signings.